Minor Mosque, Tashkent
Minor mosque - a new architectural complex in Tashkent - the capital of Uzbekistan, located on the banks of the canal Anhor, embankment of which in recent months has undergone significant changes in terms of improvement.
Construction of this building was begun in summer of 2013 in accordance with the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On measures for the construction of a mosque on the site of Mahalla "Minor" in Tashkent". And on October 1, 2014 on the eve of the holy Muslim holiday - Kurban Hayit held its grand opening, which was attended by President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov.
The building of the mosque was built in the traditional eastern and Uzbek style, has two minarets and dome of sky-blue. Its interior is decorated in the style of "naqsh" (ganch - alabaster carving) and mihrab (niche indicating the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca) is decorated not only sayings from the Koran, but hadiths (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, may a please and bless of God upon him) .
The mosque is designed for more than 2,400 people. After opening it has become one of the largest spiritual centers of Muslims of Tashkent and Uzbekistan. Its construction was financed by the state budget and the Spiritual Administration of Muslims in Uzbekistan.
The mosque has all the facilities and amenities for the parishioners. There are special rooms for washing, which are equipped with all necessary facilities.
The Top Sights in Tashkent
- Alay Bazaar - Oriental Market of Tashkent
- Alisher Navoi State Academic Bolshoi Theater
- Amir Timur Square in Tashkent
- Archaeological monuments in Tashkent
- Barakhan Madrasah in Tashkent
- Catholic Church in Tashkent
- Chorsu Bazaar - Oriental Market of Tashkent
- German Kirche - Sights in Tashkent
- Independence Square in Tashkent
- Juma Mosque - Sights of Tashkent
- Kaffal-Shashi Mausoleum in Tashkent
- Kukeldash Madrasah in Tashkent
- Mausoleum of Sheykh Zayniddin Bobo
- Memorial to the Victims of Repression
- Monument of Courage in Tashkent
- Muftiate Building in Tashkent
- Muyi Muborak Madrasah in Tashkent
- New Khazrati Imam Mosque in Tashkent
- Romanov Palace in Tashkent
- Shayhantaur Ensemble
- St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Tashkent
- Tashkent Metro
- The Old City
- Tillya Sheikh Mosque
- TV Tower, Tashkent
- Uthman Quran in Tashkent
- Yunus-Khan Mausoleum in Tashkent