Visa to Uzbekistan
According to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan or travel through its territory for transit on the basis of entrance visas only.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa support is issued on the basis of application of the inviting organization, company and persons who are permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan and submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
List of required documents to invite foreigners by organizations and companies:
- Visa application on Head letter of organizations and companies
- E-form of the site evisa.mfa.uz
- Copies of passports of the invited person, head of the organization, authorized person of organization to submit the documents
- Copies of documents of the organization ( license, certificate , etc.)
- Copies of orders to the head and the authorized person
- Copy of Power of Attorney for the authorized person
- For arrival visa at the airport "Tashkent" should be provided copies of tickets
- Certificate of employment of the invited person
Processing of visa application is up to 10 working days if documents have been submitted due to the established order.
In order to apply for the visa, foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit the following documents to the diplomatic representation or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad:
- passport or document of stateless person, expiry date of which must exceed the visa’s period of validity not less than 3 months;
- 2 copies of duly completed visa application form;
- 2 passport-size colored photos.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the above mentioned documents must have a visa of the country of final destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan. In this case processing of visa application is 3 working days.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving from the countries where there is no diplomatic representation or consular mission of the Republic of Uzbekistan can get visas upon arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport. In this case the inviting physical or juridical pers9on in Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in due order, get visa confirmation (stamp) of the Visa Division of the Consular Department and forward it to the invited person. This confirmation should be shown by invited person while buying an air-ticket and passing through passport control and the visa shall be issued on its basis on arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
- up to 7 days — $40
- up to 15 days — $50
- up to 30 days — $60
- up to 3 months — $80
- up to 6 months — $120
- up to 1 year — $160
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
- up to 6 months — $150
- up to 1 year — $250
c) For transit visas:
- up to 72 hours — $40;
- double entry transit visa — $50.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 10 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
- up to 15 days — $15 per person
- up to 30 days — $25 per person
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will be also paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
Note: Different procedure for issuance of entry visas may be applied to the citizens of those countries that have appropriate bilateral agreements with Uzbekistan.
Visa regulations with some countries
- Bilateral non-visa regime is established for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
- Simplified visa procedure is established for the citizens of Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Tourists of these countries can get multiple entry visas up to 1 month and businessmen — up to 1 year (Malaysia — up to 6 months). Moreover, tourist voucher or invitation of physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan is not required to submit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Visas shall be issued within 2 working days, excluding the day of document’s acceptance.
- Bilateral non-visa regime up to 90 days is established for the holders diplomatic passport of the Republic of Korea (up to days 60 days), Brazil, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey. Citizens of these countries possessing the diplomatic passport and accredited as staff-members of the diplomatic representations and consular missions located on the territory of Parties as well as members of theirs families can enter and stay without visa for the whole period of their professional activity. Bilateral non-visa regime up to 90 days is also established for the citizens of Romania and Slovakia holding service passports.
- Uzbekistan and Japan issue visa visas without consular fees on the mutual basis.